3 May 2014

Peter Pan, William Thacker and Peter Parker.

Halloooo!!

I am getting directly to the point about this weeks blog so you all know from the beginning what I am talking about: Peter Pan, William Thacker and Peter Parker. Not in that specific order.

I hope everything is super clear now. First, watch the video, then I'll start writing.


Public transport...
Of course, the day Molly and I wanted to go to a part in London with the underground, there had to be constructions on line we wanted to take (Circle and Districte line)... Which meant we had to walk to the next working station... Not exactly what we had in mind, but thank god the weather was lovely and we 'had' to walk past the Thames... It could have been worse...

Me being me

St. Pauls Cathedral 
Before finding an underground station that worked, we had to pass St-Pauls cathedral. I made Molly sit on the stairs where the old lady "feeds the birds for a toppins a bag" in the movie Mary Poppins. Unfortunately Molly doesn't like anything that comes with a beak. Oooh, the irony.

No bags, no birds
Notting Hill 
This was the final destination of our long walks past the Thames and long waits in tube stations because of the constructions that were going on. A lot of tourists were confused. Who wouldn't be? But the good people as we are with our ability to speak Dutch, English AND French, we helped a French family to get on the right metro. 

Once we arrived in the beautiful Notting Hill, we tried to walk into the footsteps of Hugh Grant, or should I say William Thacker. That's right, we went straight to the scenery where one of British most popular romantic feel good movie has been shot: Portobello Road. Unfortunatly, still no blue door found to this day...

Portobello Rd
Nothing has changed much, but we did explore a bit. A detour or two, a new funny stencil next to the art of Banksy and a little café where Molly had her first scone ever. It was the perfect setting for an afternoon cup of tea and a treat.
Who doesn't want to live here and grow old?


Too funny

Tea and scones
Kensington Gardens
This is where little Peter Pan went off to Neverland for the first time. This is where his story began. As a kid, the story Disney told us was just magnificent. Who didn't want to go to Neverland? But as we grow up, we start to see other meanings in those children's stories. You see the red rose on the picture below? It came with a card saying: "To our own little Peter Pan" and on the back "To die would be an awful big adventure." - Peter Pan. Even now, writing about it, I can't keep my eyes dry. A little gesture with a lot of meaning.
 
"To die would be an awful big adventure" - Peter Pan

It feld weird walking away from the place. But nature called, so we had to go. No really, Molly needed to go to the toilet, so that was our next mission. Once Molly found her relieve nearby Marble Arche (on a toilet, to be clear), we set our journey to Lee, back home.

Sunday pancakes and The Amazing Spider Man 2
On my to do list: eat pancakes like the English people do. And here it is: 


Nomnomnom
Last week I told you I saw the first Amazing Spider Man, just to prep myself for what was about to come. Even though I kinda knew what was going to happen in the second one, I was still blown away. The way the camera moved, story wise, acting skilss, music, etc. Some shots would really just be too awesome to see in 3D.

And I already knew how the movie was going to end, thanks to you, Molly (the biggest spoiler for those who didn't read the comics or saw the cartoons). But I am glad you told me, because otherwise I would not be able to function right now. Yeah, I am one of those people who needs to recover 2 weeks from watching a movie. I am one of those people who gets caught up in a story for 2 hours and then have no clue what to do with their lives afterwards. I am one of those people who are completely knackered because they experience excitement, adrenaline, sadness and a heart beat that goes up and down like a rollercoaster within a time periode of 2 hours. That is one of the reasons why I stopped watching Game of Thrones btw. I simply can't handle it.

London during the week
On Tuesday and Wednesday there was a tube strike... Yaaay. During the weekends they ride, but there are an aweful lot of constructions and during the week, they strike... Ugh. But it wasn't too bad. Nothing's wrong with a morning walk. Next week Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, there will be another tube strike. A lot of walking ahead of me...

On Wednesday I stayed a little longer in the West End. Which gave me the opportunity to have some snaps and shots by night. (+ see video)

Odeon @Leicester Square by evening
And on Friday after work, I went (for the 3th time this week) to Leicester square, sat down on a bench, listening to music and watching people. I felt content. I also have a distinct feeling I am going to rock at being 80.


This is btw the link to a youtube clip with the song 'Home' by Phillip Phillips. It's been playing on my iPod everyday this week. No worries, it is a quiet song.

Home sickness: none
London city: is so beautiful. I always discover new places, but yet they seems so familiar.
New people: none
New words: covert= to hide; lezzy= lesbian

That's it for this week! Be sure to check in next week because it is going to be a spectacular one! It is happing on Sunday and I am super duper excited!

xo - Sara

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...