26 April 2014

Family reunion (not mine) and chilling in the park(s)

Halloooo!!

Here I am, once again. Not torn into piece though... Thank god. (See: lyrics Behing Hazel Eyes by Kelly Clarkson)

Well, that was a complete random start of my blogpost. It has absolutely nothing to do with what I am about to say. I haven't even heard the song recently... Oh the mind works in mysterious ways.

So, today I'm going to talk about: Molly and her weird weird family. Well, at least, that is what they say. Since I have been friends with Molly over the past 3 years, you get used to the weirdness. (Joking ;)) And on Easter Monday, I went to Blackheath and Greenwich park to enjoy the sun. Oh and at the end of the blog, I'll talk about my expectations of men.

Enjoy the video!! 


 
Molly and Company
On Saterday (early) morning Vanida, John and Thibaud arrived in London. Since Molly is so kind and social, she invited me to come along, hang out and get to know her nephews and niece (and also to show the way around town, 'cause Molly, you aren't the best in orientation (sorry ;)). 

As romantic as it sounds, we met at the Tower Bridge. Another part of London where I haven't been since I arrived here a month ago. It was nice seeing the Tower of London again. And I have to thank my parents for taking me to almost every essential to see and do in London 5 years ago. I am so glad and grateful that I have already seen The Globe, The London Eye, The Tower, Madame Tussaud, Harrods, Hamleys, etc.

Tower Bridge
Since she had been so enthousiastic about her visit to Camden Town, Molly's family wanted to see it for themselves. So off we went to Camden Town again. Thank god the weather was beautiful, but is was also the Easter weekend, so it meant even more tourists than last time Molly and I were in Camden. But we managed. No pick pocket incidents, that's what matters.

Family picture!
On Sunday, the original plan was to go shopping on Oxford street. But, as stupid as we were, we completely forgot it was Easter Sunday, so al the shops were closed. And it was raining too! What a lovely day... Not. But, thank god Camden didn't close, so we were off to Camden again so we didn't have to miss out on our shopping.

A very flattering shot of a horse statue
After Camden and before dinner, we went back to Charing Cross and on to the bridge to see this lovely view again. Even though I pass it everyday to work and back, I never get tired of seeing the Big Ben and the London Eye... 

Family picture Asian style
Group picture
Monday, oh sweet Easter Monday

As you've already noticed, the weather in England is very temperamental. One day, it is cold and cloudy, the next it is cold and rainy and the next day it is hot but cloudy and ends with a beautiful blue sky... The people here in England also don't seem to have a metabolism. Even when it is cold out and I'm wearing my jacket and scarf, people will walk outside in only a t-shirt. So it is never a reference to what people are wearing to know what kind of weather it is.. But, the weird weather changes also give some lovely views. I'll show you some below.


I miss my Canon camera... The pictures are lovely, but they are just not the same as they would have been on my Canon...

So when I arrived in Blackheath (only 7mins by bus from home), my initial thoughts were: "Oh-oh, I'm going the get soaked! Look at that **** huge cloud!!! I left the house with the sun out!!" But by the time I walked around the little village, the sun came out again and the cloud disappeared. So my logical next step was to buy a coffee. Yes, I am my father's daughter... With my Costa in hand, I picked a lovely spot on the blackheath and sat down and just relaxed. I ended up laying down reading my lovely book for 2hours. What can you ask more for a Monday afternoon?

My kinda lunch
After my lovely lay out, my instinct told me it was time to move. If you walk over the Blackheath, you walk straight into Greenwich park. So, I saw the other side of the park. And man it is a huge park. I only saw an iny tiny bit of it as it appeared. But, when I reached the top of the hill and when I saw this view.. Man, my heart... It was sold. 

*sigh*
You can see Canary Wharf where the tall building are and just behind the trees is Greenwich University. It was sooo beautiful, that I sat down again for a good amound of time.

When I started to write this blog, I thought: "Oh, I didn't go to Greenwich this week..." Well, that would have been a straight out lie...

From the moment I got up and walked over the blackheath to Greenwich park and all the way through Greenwich park and my moment of enjoying the view, all the way I had my iPod blaring in my ears. But not some random music, no no. It was the soundtrack of Pride and Prejudice, the movie (2005). As most of you know (if not, now you know) I just love that movie. So you can imagen I had my proper P&P moment when I walked, my hair in the wind, the sun on my face, a soundtrack to accompany my every move. If you can't live in a movie, you have to make a movie out of your life.

By 5p.m it was time to go back home, because Molly was coming over to see the Original Spiderman! My host mum was so kind to ask her grandson for the DVD since he is a fan as wel. But when we were all settle onto the sofa, we realised that that was not the beginning of the original spiderman... Oh no, it was a wrong-disc-in-the-wrong-dvd-holder situation. But, no stress, I always wanted to see an X-men movie, so that is what we did instead.

Because the Amazing Spiderman is now out in the theaters, I had to see the first Amazing Spiderman. So that's what I did this week. As expected, I LOVED it and I can't wait to see the second one. But it also had a bit of a 'negative' impact on me. My expectations of men have now, yet again, been increased... Besides being able to fly, be a gentlemen, witted, loyal, have amazing hair and be extremely funny, he now has to be slightly awkward but in a very cute way and still be a manly man. As you can imagine, it is a hopeless case for me... I really need to stop watching movies and stop reading books.

So, I am going to leave it at this for this week. I litteraly could go on for a while, but I'm not gonna do that :)

Home sickness: none
London City: every morning I smile when I walk to the train station, when I walk to the tube, walk to work,... Just because I'm so happy to be here. And for those who know me: me smiling in the morning is no-no-combo.
New people: Molly's lovely nephews John and Thibaud and lovely niece Vanida.
New word: food baby= when you had to much to eat

If you like, try to give my some feedback! Things you'd like to see, or things I shouldn't do anymore... Let me hear it :)

If you made it to the end of the blog: congrats! And see you next week! ;)

xo - Sara

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...